The latest addition to Kawai’s ES series of portable digital pianos, and the long awaited successor to the extremely popular ES110. The new Kawai ES120 features an improved keyboard action, a selection of new piano sounds, enhanced Bluetooth connectivity with support for the latest Kawai apps, and a sleek, eye-catching visual redesign, delivering Kawai digital piano authenticity within an attractive, compact, and highly-portable instrument.
Kawai’s ES series of instruments are high-performance, 88-key portable digital pianos suitable for the home, stage, recital hall, or classroom.
Full Of Functionality
Utilising the latest features, The ES120 makes use of Kawai's revolutionary Responsive Hammer Compact (RHC) keyboard action, which has been developed to deliver the most realistic grand piano touch possible within a compact, lightweight form factor. The ES120’s improved RH Compact action incorporates grade weighted hammers, and utilises upgraded cushioning material that helps to reduce action noise when keys are released.
This authentic keyboard action is paired with Kawai’s Harmonic Imaging piano engine, which reproduces the beautiful sound of the new Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and existing Kawai EX concert grand pianos with full 88-key stereo sampling and authentic string and damper resonances. In addition, the ES120 also features a selection of new electronic piano, strings, and bass sounds from the larger ES520, and even include a real upright sound, providing a strong variety of useful sounds for any musical occasion.
The ES120’s 20W amplifier and speaker system delivers a rich, well-rounded sound with impressive volume and clarity, while the new Low Volume Balance feature is also able to adjust characteristics of the piano for optimal expression when playing at low volume levels. In addition, the advanced Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology, enhances the depth and realism of sounds heard through headphones or earphones, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue when listening for extended periods of time.
Ideal For Those On The Go, Or In Need Of Simple Storage
The ES120 features a brand new exterior design, with the instrument’s updated control panel incorporated into an attractive polished trim line that runs the length of the keyboard. It’s stylish yet strong body weighs just 12.5 kg, making the ES120 an excellent choice for gigging musicians, as well as academic and religious institutions.
Authentic grand piano touch and tone, excellent additional sounds, an impressive speaker system, and modern, convenient features – all housed within a stylish, lightweight case.
Introducing the new ES120: At home, on stage, your music.
■ Improved Responsive Hammer Compact keyboard action
■ SK-EX and EX concert grand piano sounds, 88-key sampling
■ 25 sounds, Dual & Split playing modes, 100 drum rhythms
■ Dual headphone connectors, dedicated stereo Line Out jacks
■ Integrated Bluetooth® MIDI and Audio wireless technology
■ Support for PianoRemote control app for iOS/Android
■ Stylish appearance, sturdy chassis weighing just 12.5 kg
■ Designer stand and triple pedal board accessories available
- Action: RH-Compact
- Key Material: Plastic
- Key Surface: matt
- Sensors: 2
- Velocity Curves: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging™, 88 Key Sampling
- Sounds: 25
- Polyphony: max. 192 notes
- Virtual Technician: Damper Resonance, Voicing, Hammer Fallback Noise, Damper Noise
- Keyboard Modes: Dual, Split
- Reverb: Room, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Off
- Effects: Yes, preset
Music / Recording:
- Metronome/Beats: 7 Beats + 100 Rhythms, Tempo and Volume adjustable
- Recorder: 3 Songs, 1 Track, max. 15.000 Notes
- Lesson Function: over 500 Lesson songs via PiaBookPlayer App.
- Piano Music Songs: No
- Concert Magic Songs: No
- Demo Songs: 16 songs
- Display: No, easy operation via PianoRemote app
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Audio (Ver. 5.1 A2DP compatible); Bluetooth MIDI (Ver. 5.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- Registrations: Yes, 4 Memories
- Other Features: Transpose, Tuning, Speaker On/Off, Reset, Auto Power Off, Send PRG change, MIDI Channel, Local Control Mode, Multi Timbral Mode
- Sound System: 12 cm x 2 Full range speaker
- Amplifier: 2 x 10 W
- Power Consumption: 9 W with PS-129 AC-adapter
- Pedals: F-1SP Damper pedal included; optional: F-10H Single Pedal with half-pedaling, GFP-3 triple pedal unit, F-351 triple pedal board accessory in combination with HML-2 stand
- Music Rack: Yes
- Jacks: Line Out (L/Mono, R), USB-MIDI, Damper (for F-10H Pedal), Headphones x 2