Replacing the KDP110, the KDP120 digital piano is the latest addition to Kawai’s highly-respected range of award-winning home instruments, combining an extremely authentic weighted-key keyboard action and realistic grand piano sounds within an attractive, yet highly affordable package. The KDP120 utilises the finest of modern digital piano technology in an all welcoming cabinet that is suited to both new players and those developing their skills.
Realistic Touch & Response To Enhance Your Play
The KDP120’s brand new Responsive Hammer Compact II (RHCII) keyboard action has been developed to represent the distinctive touch of an acoustic grand piano. Based on the highly-regarded RH keyboard action design, its spring-less technology and sturdy construction delivers consistent upward and downward motion for a smooth, natural, and highly authentic piano playing experience.
Just as acoustic pianos utilise heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers, the RHCII keyboard action also employs different hammer weights, appropriately graded for each playing range. Such details provide greater stability during fortissimo passages, while preserving delicate pianissimo control, to satisfy the demands of even the most discerning pianist.
Experience The Sound Of Grandeur With Kawai SK-EX Concert Grand Sampling
The Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano was conceived as the next step in evolving the art of the piano. Earning a reputation as the ‘premier piano of Japan,’ it graces the stages of concert halls and musical institutions around the globe, receiving universal acclaim for its exceptional clarity and dynamic range.
The SK-EX has frequently been selected by professional pianists at such prestigious events as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubenstein international piano competitions. With its truly magnificent tone and wonderfully responsive touch, the SK-EX can best be described with one word – incomparable.
The KDP120 digital piano captures the beautiful sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using advanced Harmonic Imaging technology.
The KDP120’s powerful digital effects engine further enhances the instrument’s core sounds, applying additional reverberation effects that simulate the acoustic environment of a recital room, live stage, or concert hall, bringing performances to life. The result is a rich, vibrant piano tone that delivers breathtaking realism and authenticity.
Piano, Your Way. The Perfect Level Of Convenience & Flexibility
The elegant KDP120 also includes a variety of convenient digital functions to complement its authentic keyboard touch and rich grand piano sounds. A selection of different instrument voices, built-in lesson songs, and the ability to record and playback one’s performance are just some of the features accessible from the discretely placed cheek-block control panel, while Bluetooth® and USB functionality allow the instrument to be connected to other devices with ease.
The KDP120’s convenient lesson function allows aspiring pianists to study classical piano using a collection of Czerny, Burgmüller, and Beyer etudes, or learn time-honoured standards from the popular Alfred Basic Piano course books. The left and right hand parts of each etude or song can be practised separately, with the built-in metronome and adjustable tempo controls helping to improve timing and rhythm.
Supplementing its realistic acoustic piano voices, the KDP120 also offers a selection of additional instrument sounds, including electric pianos, organs, harpsichord, vibraphone, and strings.
The Dual playing mode also allows two different voices, such as an acoustic piano and a string ensemble, to be played together for a more complex sound that inspires even greater musical creativity.
In addition to USB-MIDI, the KDP120 also boast integrated Bluetooth MIDI technology, allowing the digital piano to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly.
Once paired with a phone, tablet, or laptop, KDP120 owners can easily expand the instrument’s functionality with a wide range of education, performance, and scoring apps. A dedicated Kawai PianoRemote app is also freely available, providing an enjoyable way to completely control all instruments parameters from an attractive touch interface, without the need for additional adaptors or cables.
* Availability of Bluetooth® function may vary depending on market area.
Grand Feel Pedal System
Reinforcing the KDP120’s reputation as the most realistic digital pianos in its price range is Kawai’s Grand Feel Pedal System. This unique feature replicates the position and individual weighting of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX Concert grand piano to further enhance the KDP120’s acoustic piano-like authenticity.
- Action: RH-Compact II
- Key Material: Plastic
- Key Surface: matt
- Letoff Simulation: No
- Sensors: 3
- Velocity Curves: Light, Normal, Heavy, Off
- Key Lid: Yes
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging™, 88 Key Sampling
- Sounds: 15 (Concert Grand, Studio Grand, Mellow Grand, Modern Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow Strings, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere)
- Polyphony: max. 192 notes
- Virtual Technician: Smart Mode: 10 presets
- Advanced Mode (adjustable via iPad app): Touch Curve, Damper Resonance, Key-off Effect, Hammer Delay, Topboard Simulation, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Keyboard Modes: Dual Mode (with adjustable volume balance)
- Four Hands Mode: Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: Yes, preset
- Metronome/Beats: 7 Beats, Tempo and Volume adjustable
- Recorder: 3 Songs, 1 Track, max. 10.000 Notes
- Lesson Function: Alfred, Burgmüller, Czerny and Beyer lesson songs
- Piano Music Songs: No
- Concert Magic Songs: 40
- Demo Songs: 15 songs
- Features: Display
- No: Bluetooth
- Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- USB Functions: USB-to-Host for USB MIDI
- Other Features: Damper Resonance, Reverb, Touch, Tuning, Transpose, Brilliance, Spatial Headphone Sound, Phones Type, Auto Power Off, Bluetooth MIDI, Transmit Program Change Number, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral mode
- Sound System: 12 cm x 2 Full range speaker
- Amplifier: 2 x 20W
- Power Consumption: 11 W
- Pedals: Sustain (with half-pedal support), Soft, Sostenuto / Grand Feel Pedal System
- Music Rack: Yes
- Jacks: MIDI (IN/OUT), Headphones × 2, USB to HOST