An Unrivalled Masterpiece
The C.Bechstein D282 concert grand piano is a top-class instrument. Thanks to its stupendous and beautiful sound, it’s the ideal grand for large concert halls. This legendary instrument has set new standards with its unique sound character, transparent voice, power and unparalleled richness of tonal colours, the Duplex-Scala creates huge sound power reservoirs up to the highest treble with the very professional precise and sparkling action distinguishes the C. Bechstein D 282 concert grand piano.
In dialogue with international star pianists from around the world, master piano makers and engineers at C. Bechstein Pianoforte Fabrik Germany have developed D282 as the ideal conception of a perfect concert grand piano. The C. Bechstein D 282 concert grand piano embodies the synthesis of the brand’s legend and the demands of today’s pianists for power and dynamism. International star pianists confirm the outstanding characteristics of the C. Bechstein D 282 concert grand piano: surprisingly powerful sound, elegant and high-precision action. In direct competition, the C. Bechstein D 282 concert grand piano comes through with flying colours.
Main characteristics of the C. Bechstein D 282 concert grand piano
Unique power: Tests performed by the Federal Institute of Applied Physics ascertained that the voice of the C. Bechstein D 282 concert grand piano is outstandingly brilliant and powerful thanks to the new design of the cast iron plate that provides an unparalleled sound projection.
Unique action: The super-responsive and extremely precise action assembly enables you to perfectly control your play. The action includes hammerheads of unparalleled quality, made by C. Bechstein to meet the acoustic requirements of large concert halls.
Unique voice: The voice is wonderfully singing, richly coloured and without any metallic character. Thanks to its outstanding brilliance, even those sitting in the last rows can hear the slightest pianissimo. And thanks to its lyricism, cantilenas and impressive sound volume, the unique voice of the D 282 model is suitable for all styles of music.
Bechstein Vario System Accessory
The Bechstein Vario System is a digital mute that captures every detail of your playing dynamically transforming your acoustic piano into a digital instrument, empowering you to perform without disturbing anyone. Designed to be unobtrusive the control panel slides out from under the left-hand side of the keyboard, giving you a large touchscreen where you can access different instrument sounds, volume controls, recording options and other settings.
- The overall character of a concert instrument with perfect voice and touch that offers maximum sound volume and freedom of interpretation.
- Soundboard crafted using mountain spruce grown slowly at elevations of 1,000 meters and higher in Val di Fiemme, Dolomites (similar to the tonewood used by Antonio Stradivari).
- The cast iron frame is made in a special composition and formed to dampen the vibrations and boosts the strings energy and improve the transmission speed.
- The bridges are made of high-quality vertically aligned sycamore maple layers using state-of-the-art CNC technology. Precision down to a hundredth of a millimeter guarantees perfect transmission of sound and frequencies to the soundboard.
- C. Bechstein Dynamic Touch Balancing for ultra-precise touch-weight distribution of the masses and spring force for each individual tone.
- The case is manufactured from twenty top quality parts in an elegant high-gloss lacquer finish.
- Width - 160cm
- Length- 282cm
- Weight - 521kg
- Finish - Available in Black and White.